It’s smart to be beach ready beautiful
Posted on December 08 2019
As the year is nearing its end and the holiday season is almost upon us, it’s smart to get prepared for the hot days ahead. In Australia, Summer is approaching and there are a few important things to think about when remaining healthy in the sun. The main thing is to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays.
Lyndal, our founder, recently went on holiday with her family to Vietnam. What a fabulous country – but very hot! The sun’s strength was at its hottest in the middle of the day, with the mercury hitting 40 degrees. As they were sightseeing, they were exposed to the sun during this time, wore hats and hopped between the shade of trees. But the harshness of the sun was difficult to avoid, so she carried an umbrella. At first, her kids teased her but soon they were all sheltering under its shade!
With many things in life, peer pressure can mean that we don’t make the right decisions for our health and wellbeing. In reality, it doesn’t need to be that hard. All it takes is for someone to have a good idea, another to follow, and soon others will do the same. So, this Summer, take action to protect your skin in the sun.
Here are our top tips:
- During the hottest part of the day, make sure you stay in the shade or inside.
- If you’re out in the sun, wear a broad brimmed hat and maybe even a sun umbrella (like Lynda).
- Wear sunglasses that will protect your eyes.
- Wear sun protective clothing, even if you’re not at the beach. Be careful of your light, breezy, Summer weight clothes, as these may not provide any sun protection and your skin can burn through it. Choosing Es Una’s Cover Up Rashie Dress is the best, sun protective option for a day at the beach or by the pool.
- Apply sunscreen regularly.
In Vietnam, Lyndal didn’t go onto the beach in the middle of the day, but did so in the late afternoon. She wore our Racer Back Rashie Dress, with our Swim Shorts underneath, and our Summer Snood to cover her shoulders.
Make sure to sign up to our VIP club, the Es Una Generation, to access member benefits and look after your skin this Summer.